Monday, November 11, 2013

Acting as angels

Okay, so this week was a little hard for a lot of reasons. So by Saturday night we were about done for the night and ready to go home. But were like, 'hey we have 5 minutes left, lets be obedient' So we walked down the street to the Gare looking for someone to contact. Anywho finally we saw a woman, and I screamed 'Woman!' and drastically turned and started walking to her before she could ge away. Anywho so we go up to her, say why were here and that our message can bring hope to her life. And she starts crying. And I was like, wow this must be the best street contact i've ever done, nobody cries. High five Sarah. But no, her boyfriend had just broken up with her. And we were like 'oh no', and she turned to the side and we stood there awkwardly for a minute. And I was like (being me) 'Do you want to talk about it?' Because I mean who wants to sit out in the cold and not talk about it? She didn't answer for a minute, and I was like drats, and then she started talking. And said she was waiting for her sister, and I was like 'Hey! We can wait with you, we were just going to head home, so we've got nothing else' And she said yes, sat and talked for a bit, and I was like 'You know when i'm sad I say a prayer, can we say a prayer?' And she's like "if you want to" So we said a prayer. Her sister came, and we went home. Anywho, we had given her our number, but didn't think much of it because we didn't get hers. But about an hour later we got this text from her (And as I send this email to French speakers I will put the actual writing):
Je tenais a vous remercier. Je prend votre intervention comme un signe. On vous a mis sur ma route au moment ou j en avais le plus besoin. Vous m'etes apparu comme 2 anges tomber du ciel. Vous avez appaiser ma peine. Encore merci. Ludivine. 
For those of you who dont speak French that is one awesome text message. Like seriously. We read it and our mouths fell open. I mean i'm often called an angel ;) But seriously, such a sweet tender mercy from the Lord.
Also really cool thing. We got a new bishop this week, and he is a young guy from Portuguese. He used to be a missionary in Evry, and now he's bishop. Isn't that weird? He's super awesome.
Anywho that's about it. Hope you are all having an awesome week!! Love you all!!
Sarah

Oh my goodness! I totally forgot! haha and I can't believe you forgot about Skype!!!! Its like the shining moment in my life!!

Je tenais a vous remercier. Je prend votre intervention comme un signe. On vous a mis sur ma route au moment ou j en avais le plus besoin. Vous m'etes apparu comme 2 anges tomber du ciel. Vous avez appaiser ma peine. Encore merci. Ludivine. 

She's just saying thank you. And she taking our intervention as a sign. She thinks that we were set in her path in the moment that she had the most need of us. And to her we appeared as 2 angels from heaven. We eased her pain, and again thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment