Monday, June 10, 2013


The sun comes out, and so do the women! Its a miracle. Since we can't contact men or muslims, I seriously though we would never contact anyone, because we NEVER saw females just walking along. But suddenly it became hot, and they are everywhere! Shopping season has begun, and with it opportunities for us to find.

Well I leave right after this to head to Paris, I will be there for the next few days, First for the Elder Ballard conference, and then to do exchanges with the sisters there. We are all really anticipating this conference, apparently its some big mission buisness, but they wont tell us exactly what it is, so it grows more intruiging. Apparently we are called the apostate mission by some, because so many apostles come visit. And its actually funny because I have just recently learning the reason behind some rules that were made right before I got here. Like they are really strict about how often we see the elders or do anything with them. Apparently because some people started dating, while on a mission, weird. AND I learned the reasons behind why we can't contact men, I already knew why we couldn't contact muslims, but not the men. This mission is hilarious.
Anywho Mulhouse is cool, the TJs are everywhere, we hit up all the same people, its like they are trying to race us. And everybody stops and asks us if we are nuns. Correction, the old people ask if we are nuns, the younger people ask straight out if we are virgins. Can you say awkward? It's like hey, instead of even saying what my church is lets just dive into the law of chastity. People here are so weird. And everybody without even talking to us is like 'your american?' And Soeur Mataalii who has a good french accent will be like how could you tell? They just point to me, and say Jackson. Pft, this name is a dead give away. Apparently no French people have the name Jackson. Ridiculous. Oh! And you guys might not find this funny, but Soeur Mataalii and I were laughing about it. So we were wondering why Mulhouse has never been opened to sisters, I mean is not the friendliest city, but its not bad. And so we were talking with some people, and Mulhouse is like huge drug dealing center, and gangs and stuff. And I mean their are some areas that you walk into and know you just need to turn out, but for the most part the boys here are like fake gansters, we always make fun of them. So that's why it was so hilarious.
We taught a lesson in English! It was beautiful, and super funny. Mirjana was taught by the elders years ago, but just didn't want to get baptised. She's a gypsy from Serbia. And so we were talking and I asked if she'd learned about the temple, and she's like 'yeah! you guys go do baptisms for your dead right?' We nod our heads, her 'yeah you take the dead body and baptise it'. Us, mouths drop open, what did the elders teach you?!? haha it was hilarious. So we talked about eternal families, and I actually got to give a lesson, it was sweet.
Oh and guess what, Soeur Mataalii tells me that I have begun grinding my teeth in my sleep. I'm pretty bummed out that i've developed that habit, now along with gaining weight i'm going to have messed up teeth.
But good news, so our bishop and his wife are like this awesome beautiful young couple, with 2 little boys. So we had lunch with the relief society president and husband, and they are the parents of the wife of the bishop. And they were talking and let it slip that she's pregnant!! You don't know her so it probably doesn't matter for you, but I am so excited. And I had said in Church that morning that I wanted to see her pregnant. Awesome. The relief society president is a good cook, but it was the longest meal i have ever had, we kept trying to leave because we are only allowed to be their a certain amount of time, and they kept bringing out courses. And I am starting to like weird things, when I come home I wont know what to eat anymore.
We are also teaching this Mulsim lady Mina, and her family. And they are the most Christian Muslims ever. They are awesome, and her teenage daughter thinks the book of mormon is awesome.
That's about it. It suddenly this week became summer in Mulhouse, and sky rocketed up to 100. Its been pretty nice. :) Miss you guys!! LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!! I'll let you know next Monday what happens at the much anticipated Elder Ballard conference.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment