Monday, March 10, 2014

A Beautiful View by the Sea

Well everyone here is the update on St Nazaire, and I think Catherine and Keld your going to love this (because yes, I met all of your family!).
ITS BEAUTIFUL!! No joke, I have never thought during my mission that I could live in France, and then I came to St Nazaire, and then we went to Le Croisic, oh my gosh its amazing. Mom and dad you would LOVE IT! It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen, and then this week we are going to La Baule, and I hear that is also just incredible. Its amazing, I think i'm high on vitamin D. So every morning I get to run next to the ocean, and this morning we ran out to a light house, and we do contacting next to the ocean, and for P day today we just went and sat on the beach. The weather has been incredible. Soeur Sorenson was like 'wow, it rained everyday, and since you've been here its been beautiful', basically i'm a miracle worker with weather. Its just like in Evry, I prayed hard enough and we had no snow. haha
Its a little branch here at St Nazaire, like pretty small, which is a huge change from Evry, which is one of the biggest wards in France. But the members all seem really nice. Luckily i've got a nice 'in' with all the members when I say I know the family Foucher. haha But I think it will be fun to work with all the members.
Soeur Sorenson is adorable. She is from the south and has the strongest accent, its so cute. She's really tall, thin and blond, and used to be a cheerleader. Basically she is the younger version of the mom from The Blind Side. i'm trying to copy her accent, not working so far, but one day....I'm just not destined to have companions from Utah.
The apartement is disgusting, because it belonged to elders until 6 months ago when they put sisters in, and the sisters decided they didn't need to clean it, so i'm getting to buisness on that. Actually its pretty unorganized right now, so that is what a lot of my efforts are going to right now, organizing the ville.
They only have about 2 investigators that they are working with, so its a drastic change from Evry, but that's okay because we will find them. President apparently likes to send me into villes where they don't have a lot of amis, I think its to punish me haha. But they just had St Nazaire re-dedicated by the stake president, so i'm expecting miracles to happen on a daily basis. :)
And I somehow got foolishly called to be a blue card holder, so basically I think i'm going to have a power trip. ;)
That's about it, sincerely, the misisonary who if they weren't speaking French would think she was serving in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment