Monday, June 30, 2014

Soeur Finneran had a conversation with a member that went a little bit like this.....
 
Member: 'My son just returned from his mission in Africa, and I can tell you that is was awful. Living conditions were awful, he got diseases, his housing was awful. But spiritually and emotionally he was VERY blessed. You missionaries in the Paris mission, physically you are spoiled. But emotionally, spiritually, nothing'.
 
I'm here to testify that that isn't true!! We just got done with the office elders looking at our apartement, and they say its the worst on the mission, in 1 month we are getting a new apartement. So there goes the physically spoiled. haha I've got nothing!
 
Just kidding, i've got something better than a nice apartement. This week we had to say our goodbyes to the family Swanepoel. They are moving to La Rochelle, where they will be baptized in a few weeks. Even though I wont be able to see their baptism i'm so happy I got to be a part of it. As we were having our last lesson with them they asked us to share our best moments from our missions, and after we did that we asked them what was there best moment here in St. Nazaire.
Georgette replied 'Finding out about eternel families. In our Christian church we have learned all the other stuff, the life of Jesus, ect. But never did they teach us that there was something after this life, that our family could be together forever'.
If the only good thing that came from my mission is giving them the hope of getting sealed together, even if I wont see it, my mission will never ever be a waste. I'm so grateful that that hope, and that message is what I get to bring to people.
 
So that was definately the highlight of my week. :) Short but sweet, I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment