Monday, April 7, 2014

Well I expect to hear comments from each of you about things you have learned from Preach My Gospel. And if you don't know what I am talking about, then you need to watch conference. I was glad that Ballard did his follow of up of his Invite someone to Christ before Christmas challenge. I was going to follow up that with all of you guys on the Book of Mormon this week, but he totally did it. So great, you gotta love those apostles and prophets of God.

So for any of you who know me well you know that April is my favorite month. And so far this April has decided to follow the example set up by previous Aprils.
Honestly there have been too many hilarious, wonderful, awkward stories to write you in one email. But I will try to quickly put my week into it.

Well it began with the first of April, commonly known as April Fools in America....but wait, i'm in France! So it was Poisson d'Avril!!! So we were walking down the street to a lesson and I was all 'I am in France for only one Poisson d'Avril, how can I take complete advantage of this?' And voila an idea, I gasped turned to Soeur Sorenson and excitely told her my idea. Her exact words 'Sometimes I just wish I knew what was going on in your mind', but she jumped on in the plan. So we went to members in the ward who are single, and we heart attacked their doors, but with fishes!! We 'poisson attacked'. It was hilarious, we were so excited that we skipped dinner to go and do it for a member who was sick, and we wrote little compliments on the fishes. Hilarious. And we went and taught a less active and brought a huge chocolate fish, because you have to eat a chocolate fish on the day of Poisson d'Avril, and she loved it! She offered to braid our hair and invited us back. It was a pretty special day.

Next day, I got an AWESOME package!! So that made that whole day great. Thanks mom!!! That kind of eclipsed the whole day.

Then of course it wouldn't be a Sarah week if something totally awkward had not happened. So the next day we had a wonderful lesson, with this new ami we found, Gaelle, she's pretty awesome. So basically we were in the middle of this adorable lesson, she loves our church and how we do things. She asked how we decided to be nuns at such a young age and when we explained its just an 18 month mission then we go home and get married but can still have callings in the church, she thought that was so great. So the lesson was going great, her 19 year old brother was sitting across the table from me and he was listening and all. So close to the end of the lesson I felt one of her cats brush my foot, so I reach down and start petting the cat, only to quickly (but not quickly enough) realize to my complete horror that it wasn't the cat. Her brother's foot had touched my leg and I reached down and petted him!!!! So basically this week I caressed some kids foot. It was nice, I went bright red, Soeur Sorenson spent the rest of the day reinacting and laughing about it. Evil. Then we missed the bus and walked 1 and 1/2 hours on the highway. We decided that we needed to be pioneer strong, so we sang 'come, come ye saints' as we marched. Although we stopped when we got to the part 'if we should die, before our time is through, happy day, all is well', because at that moment a HUGE semi truck went by and almost hit us. So we morphed into singing Saturdays Warrior, which Soeur Sorenson is learning quickly.

And then we got to do some service, for a sick member in the ward. I pray to the good Lord that I will never face that challenge again. It was a trial of my faith, and I encountered things that I pray to never encounter again, and some things that I didn't even know what they were. We cleaned a storage room that no one had entered for about 10 years, and it was full of VERY expired food.

Then we had CONFERENCE!!!! Its SO great!! I still haven't been able to watch all of it, of course we have lots of rules about how/where/ and when we can watch conference. But I saw 2 sessions and they were really great. Cant wait to see it all. :) I hope you all enter into a SUPERB April!!!!
Sorry this got WAY long!
Bisous!!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment